expressing opinions / agreeing and disagreeing


Expressing Opinions

  1. Expressing Opinions: These terms are used to introduce an
  2. opinion, either for or against: I think…… I feel…….. I believe……. As I see it…….. In my opinion……. As far as I'm concerned…… My point of view is that……. In my view…….. It seems to me that…….. I figure that……. From my point of view…….
  3. Agreeing with an Opinion:
  4. My view about this is positive. I agree with this idea. I agree completely with this idea. I agree partially with this idea. This idea is absolutely right. This idea is partially right. I couldn't agree more on this. I think this idea is good.
  5. Disagreeing with an Opinion:
I think this idea is impossible/impractical/bad.
I think this idea is possible, but……
I think this idea cannot be implemented.
I don't agree with this idea.
I think it is a bad idea.
I'm not sure that I agree with this idea.
The project is feasible, but…….
(The Division of English for Science and Technology,
Chulalongkorn University Language Institute)